Dave Fall from Google spoke to our TAB Members about Search Engines and Online Marketing earlier this week. Google platforms and other internet technology have changed the way customers look for, find and relate with business. Business owners do not have the luxury of thinking of the web as an auxiliary channel any more.
Dave is a great speaker and helped us all see:
- The availability of search has changed consumer behavior
- Customers might arrive at your sight in any location as a result of search, every page needs basic info and orientation to your business
- Having a website that is optimized for search is critical - this includes having effective orgranic search strategies AND paid search
- Dave recommends the SEO book and the resources of SEMPO http://www.sempo.org/home
- Blogging is an important tool for being found
- Great examples of the power of YouTube and viral marketing are: Where the Hell is Matt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY and http://www.bewareofthedoghouse.com/
Now is the time to learn and adopt new technology and practices so that your company has competitive advantage.
Learn more about our peer advisory boards and how we are helping our members grow and prepare for the economic expansion. Our next workshop is using YouTube and Podcasts for marketing and training. Go to http://www.tabnewjersey.com or contact me www.tinyurl.com/maureenennis